Dental Bonding to Repair Damaged Teeth
Dental bonding is an affordable solution to cosmetic dental problems including:
- Minor repair to slightly decayed teeth
- Repair of chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Close small gaps between teeth
- Protection of the tooth root in the case of receding gums
- Alter the shape of a tooth
- Whiten discolored teeth
- Increase the length of the tooth
The dental bonding procedure:
The process can be completed in one pain-free visit to a New You Dental Center dentist in Michigan. Our practitioners are experienced in dental bonding. First, a gentle phosphoric acid will be applied to your tooth, creating an etched surface that will aid in the adhesion of the bonding material. Then, the resin will be applied. It is similar to putty and will be shaped and sculpted to form the surface of the tooth. A special UV light will be used to cure it and it will be polished and buffed for a smooth, shiny surface.
Caring for teeth with dental bonding:
Dental bonding can be a good alternative if you have a minor cosmetic dentistry issue. However, it is not as durable as veneers or crowns. It is also susceptible to staining, so some dietary changes may be necessary to help keep your bonded teeth looking natural.
- Reduce intake of coffee, tea, red wine, soy sauce and other foods that stain teeth
- Reduce or quit smoking
- Avoid chewing ice, biting nails, chewing on pencils or crunchy foods like carrots.
- Call your dentist for a touch up if you notice sharp edges or your teeth feel strange when you bite down
Dental bonding is a good solution for many cosmetic issues if you are on a budget, in a hurry, and are embarrassed by your smile. Call New You Dental Center for more information on dental bonding and if it is right for you.